By Us For Us (BUFU) Education Program
An initiative established in 2016 to help children from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds (including orphans) attend school. The program focuses on out-of-school children in Juba, the capital city of South Sudan, and its surrounding localities.
Our beneficiaries 204 in 2020, 300 each in 2019 and 2018, 234 in 2017, and 134 in 2016. Our beneficiaries hail from diverse ethnic groups in South Sudan, and we are near achieving gender parity.
Annual goal: To pay school fees payments and providing school supplies for up to 300 students, and to provide school uniforms for up to 100 students.
Commitment:To accompany beneficiaries until they attain at least a Secondary School Certificate.
Annual Program costs:
- Full payment of annual school fees for a child – $30 (300 children) = $9000.00
- Provision of school uniform and supplies for one (1) child – $15 (100 children) = $1500
- A car to transport program staff and volunteers for registration drive and follow-up : $3000
- A computer and printer – $600
- Stipend for registration drive volunteers (3) – $900
- Office space (Juba)
You can partner with Mankhoc in school rehabilitation efforts. The main area of need is in water and sanitation. You can partner in drilling a borehole to ensure access to clean water, or in building a latrine.
Contact us to discuss possible partnership in identifying schools and arranging assistance.
In 2018 we partnered with Catholic Relief Services to drill a borehole in Tokiman Community School in Rejaf, South Sudan. Since then, the borehole needed maintenance once, and we are thankful for CRS’ intervention, and responsiveness.